OCTANe connects people and ideas with capital and resources to fuel technology growth in Orange County. How? We help create an environment where large company executives, entrepreneurs, investors, academicians, and strategic business advisors can come together to grow Orange County’s dynamic technology ecosystem.
This ecosystem helps turn ideas into thriving businesses and helps businesses access the new technologies, intelligence, people, and capital they need to have a major economic impact on our community.
OCTANe is an innovation and commercialization catalyst that drives a robust regional innovation cluster in Orange County—home to more than 1,000 biomedical, technology, and clean tech companies. Through our strategic initiatives, we focus on:
- Stimulating technology job growth and wealth creation in Orange County
- Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas into successful businesses
- Helping companies connect with funding and growth resources
- Helping senior executives access intelligence, new technologies, and talent
- Helping develop the next-generation of technology business leaders
- Creating a forum for technology company leaders to have a lasting impact on the future of Orange County
How you can make an impact through OCTANe
It has taken a variety of people and organizations to enable OCTANe to have the impact it has had in Orange County. This impact includes creating forums and mentoring programs that have helped early-stage technology companies raise over $1 billion in investment capital during the past decade, helped entrepreneurs and investors showcase technologies and companies that have created billions of dollars in wealth and new investment capital for Orange County, and helped academicians and industries collaborate on technologies that make our county’s industry leaders even stronger.
Now it’s your turn to make an impact.
OCTANe needs your counsel, mentoring capabilities, and financial support to make an even bigger impact on Orange County. And OCTANe can provide you and your organization with resources to make your team stronger, new technologies more accessible, and your personal impact even greater. Learn more about OCTANe sponsorship opportunities for CEOs and their companies.
- OCTANe conferences provide C-level executives and business development teams with access to dozens of entrepreneurs and their technologies
- OCTANe programs provide in-house corporate business and technical teams with entrepreneurial and “intrapreneurial” skills development
- The TalentEngine resource offers access to highly qualified and talented employees to help your business grow
Entrepreneurs & Early-Stage Companies
OCTANe is here to help you access business guidance, capital, and growth resources through connections with investors, companies, academia, and other leaders in Orange County. OCTANe needs your energy and participation to make an impact on Orange County as you grow your technology business. Learn more about OCTANe sponsorship and membership opportunities for entrepreneurs and early-stage companies.
- LaunchPadTM is an OCTANe program that helps early-stage companies prepare for investment capital
- OCTANe develops and sponsors dozens of educational and mentoring programs to help entrepreneurs understand critical business success factors and connect with individuals and companies that can assist them
- Orange County is one of the most robust entrepreneurial environments in the United States. Technology firms and entrepreneurs filed about 8,000 patents in each of the past five years. In the past decade, Orange County technology firms have received over $1 billion in seed- and A-round venture capital and over $5 billion in venture capital tota
OCTANe is here to fuel an environment that creates new investment opportunities and deal flow. We meet with hundreds of start-ups and entrepreneurs each year and provide access to resources and capital to dozens of them through LaunchPadTM. Learn more about OCTANe sponsorship and membership opportunities for venture capital firms and individual investors.
- OCTANe conducts two major conferences each year where investors connect with Orange County technology companies: Medical Device and Investor Forum (MDIF) and VC in the OC
- OCTANe creates visibility for entrepreneurs and their technologies
- OCTANe’s LaunchPadTM program readies promising start-up companies for investment presentations with leading venture capital firms, angels, and corporate investors
OCTANe helps universities connect faculty and students with technology companies to commercialize products and ideas and create a thriving ecosystem in Orange County. Learn more about OCTANe sponsorship and membership opportunities for faculty, students, and researchers.
- OCTANe helps translate ideas and research into a tangible business reality
- Individual membership for scientists, researchers, engineers, and doctors offers unprecedented access to next-generation technologies and companies
OCTANe helps strategic advisors create vital relationships with entrepreneurs, executives, and investors and provides opportunities to have a lasting impact on the Orange County technology ecosystem. Learn more about OCTANe sponsorship and membership opportunities for strategic advisors—legal, accounting, marketing, banking, human resource, and other sources you need to stay connected and grow.
Showcase your company’s thought leadership through programs and Signature Events
- Serve with Orange County’s technology leaders as they help to grow our dynamic technology ecosystem
- Position your company as a valued resource to the entrepreneurial community
- Create relationships that matter with Orange County’s upcoming and established business leaders